- Licensee Continuing Education
- This course is a renewal requirement for the holder of a NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator Certificate.
- This course is also a required course that can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- Safety Manager Certificateds
- Safety Coordinator
- Holders of a NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager
8 Hour Site Safety Manager | Chapter 33 Refresher
The 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33 Training course is a refresher to the 40-Hour Site Safety Manager Course, which is a comprehensive presentation of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertains to public protection. We will discuss revisions to the Building Codes, necessary actions to perform to ensure public safety, accident prevention, importance of maintaining logbooks, examines the roles of Site Safety Manager, Coordinator, and a Superintendent and much more.
As of May 2019, this course serves as a replacement for both the 8-Hour Chapter 33 and the 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher training courses. This new course may be used towards the renewal of a SSM or SSC license and/or to satisfy 8 hours of prescribed training for a Site Safety Training Card as required by Local Law 196 of 2017.
Duration: 8 Hours of instructional time, excluding breaks and meals times
Language: English, Spanish
To renew a Site Safety Manager Certificate, the applicant must complete 8 hours of refresher training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York § 104-06 Continuing Education Requirements.
To renew a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate, the applicant must complete 8 hours of refresher training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York § 104-06 Continuing Education Requirements.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides eight hours towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
Course Content Outline
- Introduction to Site Safety Management
- Construction Site Accidents
- Job Site Supervision and Safety Oversight
- NYC Site Safety Manager Certification Requirements
- OSHA 1926 Overview – Safety and Health Regulations for Construction. Focus on the Four Hazards from the 10 Hour OSHA Course and all applicable subparts
- NYC Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- Site Safety Plan Requirements
- Jobsite Safety Violations
- Safe Use of Tools on the Jobsite
- Safety Protocols for Concrete, Standpipe Inspection, Cranes and Derricks, Supported/Suspended Scaffolds and Sheds
- Reoccurring Jobsite Safety Problems
- Jobsite Emergency Situations and Preparedness Procedures
- NYC Buildings Unsafe Condition (311) Notification Procedure
- NYC/DOI Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet
- Review of all Training Topics
- Written Assessment