- To use or work on a Supported Scaffold in New York City, an individual must successfully complete 4 hours of User Training.
- All Workers
4 Hour Supported Scaffold
The 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher course prepares workers to recognize and avoid a wide range of safety hazards associated with supported scaffold use. It provides four hours of Site Safety Training (SST) credits that NYC construction workers can apply toward their 62 Hours SST card.
This course is a requirement for an individual to use or work on a Supported Scaffold in New York City. All topics listed under Course Content Outline must be covered using the listed Instructional Delivery Method. The time dedicated to each outline topic should be appropriate for the course content and can vary depending on the trade or job performed by the trainee. The Instructional Delivery Materials used in this course must contain all current applicable NYC Construction Code references, current rules, policies & bulletins.
Duration: 8 Hours of instructional time, excluding breaks and meals times
Language: English, Spanish
Course Content Outline
- Introduction to Supported Scaffolds
- Supported Scaffold Accidents Common Causes & Prevention
- OSHA 1926 Overview – Safety & Health Regulations for Construction
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- Supported Scaffold Use Safe Use of Tools
- Supported Scaffold Inspections: Equipment & Hardware
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
- NYC Buildings Unsafe Condition (311) Notification Procedure
- NYC DOI/Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet
- Review of all Training Topics
- Written Assessment