- This event has passed.
16-Hour Rigging Worker Day 1
May 21 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated to rigging in construction
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance to ASME, OSHA and manufacturer requirements
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- Use rigging equipment and hitches in various applications
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 16 Hour Rigging Worker
As per 3318.104.22.168 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) for individuals, not hired directly by a licensed rigger who attach or detach articles from the hook of hoisting equipment and signalpersons communicating with such in New York City.
This training is geared towards individuals who perform rigging or signaling work in the construction trades in New York City.
100% attendance and active participation in all learning activities including hands-on class exercises and the final exam is required. Students must earn a score of 70% or higher on the written and practical examination to receive a 16-Hour Rigging Worker ID card. This card is valid for 4 years.