- This event has passed.
30-Hour Concrete Safety Manager
November 13 @ 9:00 am - November 16 @ 5:30 pm
The 30-Hour Concrete Safety Manager Training course is meticulously designed to endow participants with essential knowledge and skills to manage safety in concrete construction work environments effectively. This intensive, 30-hour training spans across various aspects of concrete safety to ensure that managers are well-versed in recognizing, avoiding, and preventing safety hazards in the concrete workplace.
- Concrete Safety Fundamentals:
- Introduction to concrete properties and mix design.
- Recognizing potential hazards related to concrete work.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards:
- Comprehensive overview of relevant OSHA regulations for concrete work.
- Compliance strategies and implementing safety protocols.
- Risk Assessment and Management:
- Identifying, assessing, and managing risks in concrete construction.
- Implementing control measures to mitigate identified risks.
- Formwork and Shoring Safety:
- Design, erection, and dismantling of formwork and shoring.
- Safety inspection and prevention of formwork and shoring failures.
- Concrete Placement Safety:
- Safe procedures and best practices for concrete placement.
- Minimizing potential hazards during pouring, pumping, and finishing.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Understanding and selecting the appropriate PPE for concrete operations.
- Ensuring proper usage, maintenance, and storage of PPE.
- Handling, Storage, and Disposal:
- Safe methods for handling, transporting, and storing concrete materials.
- Environmental considerations and safe disposal methods for waste concrete.
- Emergency Response Plan:
- Developing and implementing an effective emergency response plan.
- Training and conducting drills for workers to handle emergency situations.
- Accident Investigation and Reporting:
- Techniques for investigating accidents and near-misses.
- Procedures for accurate and lawful reporting.
- Communication and Training:
- Establishing effective communication channels among all stakeholders.
- Training workers and supervisors in concrete safety practices.