- NYC Construction Superintendents
- Site Safety Coordinators
- Site Safety Managers
- Competent Persons
2 Hour Site Safety Plan
This 2 Hour Site Safety Plan course you will learn to identify safety hazards associated with the project work scope, project tasks and specific safety procedures. This course will introduce the general requirements Site Safety Plan course you will learn to identify safety hazards associated with the project work scope, project tasks and specific safety procedures. This course will introduce the general requirements for Site Safety Plans per NYC’s Building Code and Local Law 81 of 2017. The course will explain when a Site Safety Plan is required and cover the minimum content that must be provided in those plans.
The 2-Hour Site Safety Plan (SSP) course is a DOB-approved Site Safety Training (SST) course for NYC construction workers seeking a 62-hour SST Supervisor card. You’ll learn the basics of Site Safety Plans, including their role in protecting workers, key regulatory requirements and DOB-required components for SSPs.
This course is an elective course that can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card. THIS IS AN AWARENESS-LEVEL TRAINING ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides two hours towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
Duration: 2 hours
Language: English, Spanish
Instruction Delivery Method
Media: Lecture/Discussion, Slide Presentation, Sample Site Safety Plans for groups
Handouts: Slides, references and handbook
Guided Learning: Trainees will examine Site Safety Plans and find issues or topics for further inquiry for class discussion. Trainer may embed errors in the plans inconsistent with Code.
Course Content Outline
- Explain that necessity of using site safety and logistics plans for site safety management.
- Basic ‘blueprint’ reading: In slideshow, describe the various viewing perspectives of drawings to acquaint trainees with parts of drawings, typical symbols, hatches and notes.
- Describe and graphically illustrate, both in line drawing and in actual photographic representation the New York City Department of Building’s required components of a Site Safety Plan and respective corresponding Importance.
- Communication and Coordination on Multiemployer Worksites.
- Template of Site Safety Plan with Definitions
- Debriefing (Informal evaluation)
- Written Assessment