- There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course.
- As per the 2014 Construction Code, Building Code Chapter 33 Safeguards during Construction or Demolition, to work on Climber or Tower Cranes in NYC, all workers must successfully complete 30 hours of training within three (3) years prior to application.
- This course is designed for any workers, riggers, foremen or crane operators who assist/supervise in the work of jumping or erecting of a tower crane.
The 30-Hour Climber/Tower Crane Rigger Training course is an in-depth program designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely perform rigging operations and manage crane activities, with a particular focus on climber and tower cranes used in construction and industrial environments.
- Fundamental Rigger Concepts: Explore the key principles of rigging, including load calculations, center of gravity identification, and selection of appropriate rigging gear.
- Climber and Tower Crane Specifics: Delve into the unique aspects of climber and tower cranes, including their structure, functionality, and associated hazards.
- Rigging Applications: Hands-on sessions where participants practice rigging loads, ensuring the correct application of slings, chains, and other rigging tools and accessories.
- Inspection and Maintenance: Understand the critical aspects of inspecting and maintaining cranes and rigging equipment to assure safe and reliable operation.
- Lift Planning: Engage in detailed lift planning, emphasizing factors like crane setup, load path, and environmental considerations.
- Safety Protocols: Learn about the specific safety protocols and regulations governing climber/tower crane operations and rigging practices, including OSHA regulations.
- Emergency Response: Develop strategies and response plans for handling emergency situations and unexpected events during crane operations.
- Communication: Understand the importance and methods of clear communication between crane operators, riggers, and other personnel on the worksite.